late to get the rot out / I don't get the rot out... SALT.8



Inside cover with works by Samara Scott, Alix Marie, Hannah Regel, Jessica Ramm.

excerpt from my poem on paranoia

Lyle St

Lyle St

SALT.8 is out, featuring a poem I wrote while researching structures of paranoia and conspiracy theory. it's partly based on a dream about an AWOL soldier and crochet and it's called : 
PARANOIA . IS . NOT . JUST . AN . 
INTERPRETIVE . STANCE . BUT . A 
. DISCOURSE . ABOUT . AGENCY .
+ essays by Thea Smith, Rózsa Farkas, Hannah Regel, Madeline Stack, Jala Wahid. + i totally love Lyle St's ballsy excellent poems. Hazzah. 

"In other words, trace is the absence of presence, and my tablet-palimpsests are a map of my extra-linguistic wanderings: the dumb questions I ask google and the caress with which I swipe through the fleeting moments of Instagram images."

"I don't know how it is for other people.
The (...) is the ultimate silence, unbearable."

"In Naples in 1972, female cashiers instituted a smile strike. Their affective labour-value, created by the service class, was withheld when the women refused to smile at customers."